Monday, February 05, 2007

First Time in Print!

Had a Fun surprise today when I went to the mailbox- a check! An article that I had submited early in January was published. It's my first freelance article, a humorous piece titled "The Devil Wears Diapers: Living with the strong willed child". (I bet you can't guess who inspired it?) It appears in the February issue of Western New York Family Magazine https://www.wnyfamilymagazine.com/Articles/. My article is not available on-line but they sent me a copy of the issue with my check. I'm on Page 53- Woohoo!

6 comments:

The Chings said...

Congratulations! Don't spend it all in one place.

Leonna said...

A published autor in the family.
Congrats. And yet another career opportunity. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Good show on getting published! One thing about writing...You can do it while basking under the Hawaiian sun. Warm year 'round except for wintertime when the daytime temperature can get down to the middle 70's. At that time, you'll just have to suffer along with the rest of us.

Unknown said...

Great job! You will have a lifetime of memories to look forward to writing about. Poor Maddie will feel so sorry for you after she's read it! Better not tell her who the characters are!

Leonna said...

Does Hannah get jelous when you write about Madi all the time? Course when you have a faily docile child then an inquisative one the contrasts are sooo great.

Anonymous said...

When one is a pain in da butt, they tend to get more attention. I on the other hand, get no attention.