Saturday, February 03, 2007

Madi's Hard Head

Have you checked the weather in Bloomington lately? Its south of zero here which means we are spending the least amount of time as possible outdoors. But, Madi was playing at a neighbors today and Aaron walked down to pick her up. She was really tired, so he hoisted her into his arms to carry her home. On the way, he rolled his ankle and dad and daughter took a fall. Madi's head met concrete, and the concrete won.

Now, my mom always told me that if I did this or that I might fall and "crack my head open", but I had never known anyone who had ACTUALLY done it. But, once she was safely in the house screaming, the largest egg I had ever seen bloomed in the back of her head. We drove to the ER to make sure she hadn't "cracked her head open".

When the ER nurse checked us in, she said "Gosh, you win the prize, that is the biggest egg I have ever seen!" ...and she was an old nurse. She fast tracked us into the ER because she was afraid that Madi had "cracked her head open."

Then, we saw the doctor who said "Wow! That is the biggest egg I have ever seen!" He ordered a brain scan because he thought she might have fractured her skull which would mean she had "cracked her head open."

The CT Scan guy said "Wow, that's the biggest egg I have ever seen." and ran the test. The egg was now even bigger and a few shades of purple.

Well, after three hours and I don't want to know how many dollars, the scan came back and there is no damage. I am convinced that no one "cracks their head open" but beyond that it is proof enough that she inherited her father and grandpa's HARD HEAD.

I've never been more thankful for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time make sure dad isn't drunk when you send him to pick up Madi.

Leonna said...

And what about Aaron's ankle? Any lasting damage there?
Glad to hear Madi is OK.

Anonymous said...

Lasting damage???
There was lasting damage from the very first day he started suckin' air!