Wednesday, March 07, 2007

WE ARE ALIVE!


Judging by the number of family members who have called this week (which was very nice by the way), I thought our lack of posting may have worried a few. We are doing great just not a whole lot going on in this very cold weather.

I joined a virtual writing community call Zeotrope which allows you to post short fiction. For every 1 you post, you review 5 submissions. I posted a story titled "The Stairs" and then worked my *ss off carefully reviewing other peoples work so that I could read my reviews. I've gotten some feedback but not as much yet as I was hoping for. If any of you are interesting in reading and providing honest feedback on my first attempt at short fiction, (app. 7,000 words)please let me know.

Haven't heard back yet on my poetry submissions but did learn my first article is being picked up by two more magazines in Southern Florida. I know I should get busy with more non-fiction queries but I've kind of been obsessed with the fiction work lately and I haven't had loads of time with sick kids, snow days and school holidays. Also, have another book fair coming up.

Someday, I might get to editing that book I've had on the back burner too. Hmmm.

Here's a recent picture of Madi painting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to read it but don't want to review it or comment on it. I have found that honest feedback from family members, in most instances, can cause more problems than feedback from strangers. Besides, my "I don't care mouth" gets me into enough trouble daily. Not to mention my hand gestures.

Leonna said...

How do I find the site to read your posts?