Saturday, July 29, 2006

A&G

Posted by Picasa This is a recent picture of the two of us without the kids. It is a rare and unusual specimen. It's unique beauty can only be fully appreciated with an understanding of its atypical qualities. Note the dual smiles, the lack of puffiness beneath the eyes, the coordinating shirts...

Why is it so difficult to have pictures taken together once you have kids? I have scrapbooks filled with pictures of the kids, with one or the other of us in a supporting role. ( Look at how cute Madi is in the bassinet - and oh there's dad's hand. Here's Hannah riding her bike and who's butt cheek is that? Oh, I think it's mom's. ) Together, we maybe score one or two photo's per year.

(Incidentally, I have noticed that in those yearly one or two pictures since the kids, we often look like someone has sucked the life out of us. Coincidence? )

2 comments:

Leonna said...

And so say all Married with Children couples. How many pictures do I have of you guys with me in the picture. Not a heck of a lot because I was always the one taking the pictures.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, it's a nice picture of you guys but who cares about looking at old people. I'd rather see picts of the kids, especially if they're yellin' and screamin'.