Thursday, January 18, 2007

Daddy's little girl

Madi and I were watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood today. It was the show about good choices. In case you missed it, here's the synopsis.

In the land of make believe, the community decides to invest $3,000 to put in a pool. While they are digging the pool, they break a pipe. Repairing the pipe will cost $3,000. If they don't repair the pipe, there is no running water. They decide running water is more important than a pool, so they fix the pipe. Mr Rogers sums up the episode by saying that no one can have everything. This is why it is important that we make good choices about what we spend our money on. (Wow, don't you wish some adults could see this episode? But, I digress.)

So Madi says to me "Mom, what's 3,000 + 3,000?"

"6,000" I reply.

"If we had $6,000 we would be rich!" She says.

"Madi, if you had $6,000 what would you spend it on. What is it that you want?" I asked.

"I'd buy a job." She replied.

"Why would you buy a job?" I asked.

"So that I could go to work with daddy every day."

Everyone say together - Awwwww!

No comments: