Saturday, January 20, 2007

The More Things Change...

Hannah had a swim meet in Champaign this weekend. She is doing really well. Her 25 yard freestyle is down to just over 17 seconds and she is swimming in the fast heat in most events.

While I was over there, I decided to look up my nephew who is an EE major at U of I. We went to his favorite place for lunch and then visited for awhile. Some of you might know that I spent two years at U of I before transferring, in 1992, to ISU. The funny thing was that the kids seemed exactly the same to me. Its been 15 years and the boys still dress and look the same and the girls, although more obviously trendy, don't look that different either. I think the parents where better looking and seemed younger though. :)

My nephew is officially an adult. What a great person he's turned out to be. Hung out with his Auntie for several hours and didn't even hide his face with embarassment. He's doing well in school, good self-esteem, and seems to be generally happy and well balanced. I guess my brother did something right. On second thought, it was probably his wife.

2 comments:

************************ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
************************ said...

Why would he hide his face. For an ol' broad, you ain't that bad lookin'.